This summer was long.
Mind you, it wasn’t bad and I’m in no way complaining, but the damn thing was so long that I was erasing days from the calendar, one by one, until the arrival of September. Fortunately, the weather changed alongside the month. September brought my vacation, my marriage, and beautiful moments with my family and close friends that made all this dragging worthwhile.
September has also brought too many stuff to do for the time being, and I’m despicably behind in my writing but I’m determined to ignore it for the time being. There is nothing I can do at the moment about it, but whine. So this what I’m doing.
Ah, yes. And read books. All the books. I think I’ve read close to 5 or 6 books in September alone and the month is not over. The secret is audiobooks and knitting. *bliss*
As far as my summer goals are concerned:
- I didn’t finish that first draft. I had to manage my writer’s block on the story, but I finally pulled my head out of my ass, found out what was wrong with it and I moved on. Of course, by that time it was August and it was too hot.
- I did started to print the chapters of my #angstyspaceopera and I did start editing but nothing came out of it. Some great comments from friends and an attempt to a critique partner brought in the light the many problems the book still has and no amount of simple editing would fix. I need to revise that book again. *internal screaming*
- HAHAHAHA yes I read 12 books this summer. (I’ve still to read THE FIFTH SEASON and THE MIRROR EMPIRE but I say I’m in a good path.)
- For the first time in close seven years, I managed to go for a swim 24 TIMES. twenty four. TWENTY.FOUR. twenty four. You can see this makes me happy don’t you.
- Nope, I didn’t finish that Spanish book, and nope I didn’t finish my Portuguese tree in Duolingo. We can’t have it all, now, can we?
All in all, I had one of the best summers in years and I forgive it for being so long!
Here, have a song to make your day (or night) ^^